There are two powerhouse plugins that I have found stop spam dead in its tracks.
With these two spam counter attacks, I have little to know spam on my sites.
For a bonus, I do not have to worry about good comments getting lost in the shuffle because I have both of these set up to send me an email to approve, spam, or trash a particular message.
In addition, I use both plugins to send a spam note to Project Honey Pot any time I get some spam.
As far as I can tell (the site can be a bit confusing), Honey Pot is a list of the worlds suspected spammers.
And all of that foreign spam?
Gone because the AntiSpam Bee because I told AntiSpam Bee to block any comments that are not in English.
And it will also track pingbacks and trackbacks.
AVH First Defense also has to option to add bad commentors’ IP to a BlackList (or you could Whitelist your friends, family, and fans IP).
With all these checks and double checks, is it any wonder why I no longer have a spam problem on any of my wordpress blogs?
- How To Fight Comment Spam (sixestate.com)
- Stop WordPress Spam Registration with Sabre WordPress Plugin (shoutmeloud.com)
- WordPress Anti-Spam Solutions (mmxdummy.wordpress.com)
- Congratulations to WordPress Anti-Spam Team (graphiclineweb.wordpress.com)
- Over 1,000 Spam Comments In 24 Hours! (friendswhocare.us)
- MXTools’ Partner Spamhaus Receives Prestigious Virus Bulletin VBSpam Award (prweb.com)
- When SMS is mutton dressed as spam (theage.com.au)
- Online Marketer Sued By Anti-Spam Purveyor (mediapost.com)
- A Message To Spammers… (filmdump.wordpress.com)
- Blocking and Culling Spammers On Vbulletin (michele.me)
- How to Remove SPAM in WordPress (desperatelyseekingwp.com)
- Symantec Says Spam Levels Fall to Lowest in Three Years (pcworld.com)
- CanIt 7.0.7 Anti-Spam Software Released (prweb.com)
- Spammer Alert: GoodFinance-Blog.com ~ Any Insights Into What They Use? How to Block Them? (growmap.com)
- Will Paradis Fail To Can Canadian Spam? (michaelgeist.ca)
- Should Akismet Really Ship with WordPress? (pressography.com)
- An email that I would like to send, but probably won’t. (behavecology.wordpress.com)
- Reducing website spam (tip: don’t use CAPTCHAs) (scirra.com)
- Spam, Spam, Spam Or Monty Pythons Best Bit (klextin.wordpress.com)
- Too Many Spam from IMO (morningtology.wordpress.com)
- Thanks WordPress: 50 Things to be Thankful For (pressography.com)
- Antispam Bee – Great Comment Spam Fighting Option for WordPress (howtospoter.com)
- Soon, spam filters to tackle HIV (news.bioscholar.com)
- WordPress – the new platform for spreading malware (philipramsey.blogspot.com)
- Daily Tip: Reduce Spam on bbPress Forums with reCaptcha (pressography.com)
- News World Wide Comment Posting (newsworldwide.wordpress.com)
Tags: Akismet, AmaBlogger, AmaBlogger.com, Anti-spam techniques, BlackList, Blogosphere, commentluv, comments, double checks, drop, email, English language, family and fans, honey pot, Internet Protocol, marketer, Plug-in (computing), plugin, powerhouse, Spam, spam problem, spam team, spamhaus project, The Spamhaus Project, Tools, WordPress