Phew, I woke up yesterday with a message in my inbox that my email address was triggering their antivirus.
I rush right over and click onto my blog only to find out that Google has flagged it for having malware.
Reported Attack Site in bright red!
I couldn’t even log into my wordpress account because of that big red malware scare.
Of course, I panicked thinking that my blog had been hacked.
Yet, I remained cool and just followed Google’s suggestion to go to Webmaster Central and run my Google Analytics.
This pointed me in the direction of a plugin (Reaction Buttons) that was being flagged.
Since I couldn’t log into WordPress to remove it, I logged into my webhost and then my webftp.
I deleted the plugin and submitted my blog for a review with Google.
After a nail biting night, I awoke to my blog being as good as new.
Let me tell you…I never want to go through all of that again.
Not to mention the money that I missed out on while my site was done.
Related articles by Zemanta
- How I recovered from a Malware attack on my WordPress site (taylordavidson.com)
- Is Malware Undermining Your Search Results? (searchmarketingstandard.com)
- Malware Problem (FIXED?!) (moillusions.com)
- “Malware” warnings on this website (brooklynvegan.com)
- Watch out for malware – the new pay-per-click model | MarketME (marketme.co.za)