I have been ignoring this blog.
Actually, I have been lapse on all of my blogs but this one in particular took the brunt of my neglect.
I mean, my last post on joining my Amablogger Tribe was Oct 5 2015, nearly 6 months ago. (Missed the 6 months mark by 1 day. Uh…go me?!?! )
I mean, it is a pretty enough post but, come on….I can do better than that. Geesh.
And to make matters worse, when I did attempt to login over the weekend, the whole website was gone.
Nowhere to be found.
And I had absolutely no clue whatsoever on how to fix it.
I actually considered just scrapping this blog entirely and just putting up similar posts on my personal blog.
Luckily, those folks over at Dreamhost are a wiz at fixing these types of things and here I am, up and ruining.
Plus, I am so absolutely in love with this blog’s color scheme and it took me forever to get it to look just so.
Well, almost just so as they had to deactivate my plugins (yes, all of them!) to get me back up and I have to go through each one of them to see which one is causing the problem.
(Insert rude one finger salute to all those who think blogging is not a real job here.)
Anywho, I have set myself to goals for this year broken down into monthly not only for this blog but for my other blogs as well.
Ironically, most of the goals are not going to be about monetization but I am hoping that the end result will…well…result in much money.
What God has put together let no man tare asunder.
So, let’s get started, shall we.
- Journal my blogging journal every day
- Write at least one “how to” or “review” post a week.
- Fix that pesky plugin problem
- Start a linkup
- Write one post a week
- Fix the header
- Insert a special google adsense code in the center of my top 10 most popular posts
- Continue to write daily post of books that I got free that day
- Continue to write holiday related posts
- Write at least one book review per week
- Keep up with news about my favorite authors and write a timely post on the subject
- Write one love/romance/erotica related post per month
- Fix the color scheme
- Update all of the Amazon links
- Find a better way to have adds in header/footer of every post
- Write one blog post every for every day of the week
- Fix the header
- Check out what the competition is doing
My other goals are just generic social activities to bring my self more traffic and comments.
- Continue using the Facebook blogging groups on weekends only
- Read blogs that I subscribe to via email and leave thoughtful comments
- Decide on a unified brand look for every blog
- Make an image for every post and pin it
- On Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, and StumbleUpon spend 10 minutes on each everyday reading and sharing other people’s stuff
- Add my posts to as many linkups as possible
- Make sure that my Buffer stays full of my posts everyday
- Cross promote my blogs as possible
These goals, considering that I have an entire month, seem entirely doable to me since they are all tiny, bite sized nibblets of work.
Is there anything I’m missing? More I should be doing? Something that I should be spending less time doing? Feel free to leave any comments, questions, or suggestions. I’m here to learn…just like you.